Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Flying the coup


That is what has happened here. 

One of our baby birds has flown away. 

The good news, he didn't fly very far. Less than a mile.

He is spreading his wings and learning to make his way.

We are proud of him. 

He worked hard, saved a good amount of money and made his move. 

We let him know we are proud, that we respect his need/want to be on his own, wished him the best and let him know we are here if he needed any kind of help.

We also made it clear that
 this will always be home and if for whatever reason he needed it, he was always welcome to return. There is no shame in failure.

He is young. I worry, I miss but I know this is the way of things. I want this for him. I want it for us. 

I did however tell the son still living at home that he was never allowed to leave us!  I don't think he took my statement seriously because I got an eye roll as a response!




No comments: