Monday, March 16, 2015

Changes



I've said it before. Like a lot of people.

I. AM. NOT. A. FAN. OF. CHANGE.

That said, change is happening. Life is change and I must learn to roll with it.

BIG changes are coming at my work. We've been hearing about them for months, getting little snip its to keep us updated and informed, or so we thought. We were told all changes would be for the good and to expect good things. 

I was blindsided. I'm not sure why when I was going over all the possibilities in my head I never considered a cut but I didn't. 
I was notified that when the change takes effect next month. I will no longer have my regular schedule. I will have an all new schedule, different stores and less hours. Yes, I said LESS.
The new schedule was not an option either, it was a yes or no job kind of offer. 

My brain went into overdrive and I immediately started looking for work. Luckily, I found something I can do in conjunction with my new schedule. Very thankful that I was contacted within days of filling out an application and hired. I start training as soon as paperwork is processed.

Things will change a bit for us. My hours will be more steady so we won't see a little increase in pay around holiday times. We also won't be taking our long weekends anymore as my new job requires I work Monday mornings BUT I am very thankful. I look forward to this new adventure. I'm staying positive in that this was meant to be so it's must be the right course for us. 

I have a job, actually 2 jobs. Handsome is still working at his great job. We are healthy, happy and after 24 years of marriage, still in love.

All the rest of this stuff is just stuff!




No comments: