Saturday, April 30, 2011

Coupons

It's taken me a little bit of time and I still have a ways to go but I'm finally getting the hang of the whole coupon thing.

I have a couple of blogs I visit daily for deals and helpful hints. I've gotten good at keeping track of the sale ads. I also watch the show, Extreme Couponing. I'll never be able as good as the ones on the show because the state I live in doesn't "double" or "triple". Otherwise you would probably see me on the show one day!

It can be a little bit time consuming but my husband goes to bed early every night and I usually have a few hours left in my day so I have the time and after seeing the savings... well, I have the time.

Let me start with, I only buy things we use or need. Otherwise, for me I'm not saving anything.

Here are some examples of recent deals I was able to obtain.

2 Dove men care deodorants: Free after coupons.
2 bottles of 409 cleaner: Only .50 each after coupons.
Veet Wax Strips: .49 after coupons.

My latest shopping trip,
Subtotal: $45.87
After coupons: $28.19!
I like it!

Like I said before. I still have more to learn but so far I'm loving the difference it makes in my budget.

I wonder if Oregon or Nevada double?
I may have to make a trip over the border???

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

I WISH I could get inspired to do some extreme couponing, but I lack the discipline and the motivation. Loved hearing about your coupon savings. Perhaps someday.