Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Awarded



Beverly over at The Beverly Buzz has bestowed upon me "The Versatile Blogger" award.
Thank you!

I enjoy blogging and mainly do it for myself but it's nice to have readers and even better to get awards!
There are some rules.
I'm not always good with rules but I'll do my best.

Rules for accepting this award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
Tell us seven things about yourself.
Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award
1. I have twins. Most of you know that but what many don't know is that when I got pregnant I actually had so many eggs floating around (he counted 5) that the doctor thought I was on fertility drugs. The first diagnosis was triplets, within a few weeks it was confirmed to only be the 2. Knowing what I know now, I'm thankful for just the 2 I have.

2. I don't care for being in water. I especially don't like or do water I can't see or touch the bottom. We now have our own pool but I, as a rule, DO NOT GO IN THE DEEP END. I think it's a silly phobia and I'm not sure why I feel this way but I do.
Maybe having my own pool will help me get over this??

3. I love to gamble. I don't think I'm am addict but I probably could be.  My ideal retirement is to travel all over going to every casino. I'm sure if I was single with no children the casino would be my life. Thank goodness I have them to keep me grounded.

4. When I met my husband I didn't wear underpants. I had a good reason. I hated pantie
lines. I could never find the right fit and I just found them annoying and unnecessary.
My boyfriend (now husband) hated this about me. Once we became serious I started wearing them. I finally found the right fit. Now I couldn't imagine not wearing any.
Funny how we change as we grow.

5. I have no sense of direction. when it comes to North, South, East and West. Just tell me right or left! This seems to annoy my husband a bit but oh well. That's the way of it. I'm good with general driving directions as long as they don't involve the above mentioned.

6. I'm not a hugger. Most people know this about me. I find it annoying when people I barely know try to hug me. It usually catches me off guard because I'm not a hugger to begin with and also because I barely know them. Why do they want to hug me?
Most of my close friends have learned this about me and stopped. It's not that I'm against hugs. I just don't feel the need to hug on a regular basis. Family and maybe long time no see friends. The rest of you.... back off! LOL

7. I have an intolerance to Egg Whites, Pineapple and Aspirin. I love Eggs and Pineapple but they don't love me. It took me years to diagnose this intolerance. I don't even remember now how I discovered it was just the egg whites but...
I can eat egg yokes all day long and nothing happens. I can also eat mayo, cakes and other things made with egg whites but if I ate a hard boiled egg or an egg sandwich I would then regret it for hours. My best guess is that I just can't digest these items and so in turn when eaten my body continues to try for hours on end. It's a tremendous, not worth it pain in my abdomen. So much so that once I discovered what caused it, I have never intentionally eaten any of the 3 since. It has been over 20 years.
My sister has the same intolerance but hers also includes Almonds. I wonder as I age if Almonds will be added to my list?

I am still working on my blog list of awards. I'll post them when I get them done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting! I'm the same way about water and I don't think it's silly at all. I almost drowned twice before I was 7--once in a pool and once in the ocean. Also, can't eat egg whites, but it's a texture thing for me. How did I miss that you have twins?! Thanks for playing!