
It is with a heavy heart that I write. My father passed away today, in the early hours of the morning. He would have been 86 on Christmas. We've know for sometime the end was coming. As much as we tried to pretend otherwise, time has a way of moving on.
Even though I didn't live close to my father these last several years. I had him near me most of my life and I have all my childhood memories. From the normal everyday stuff to special times we shared.
It sucks that we outlive our parents but I was reminded that they wouldn't want it any other way. As a parent I completely get that but as a child it's hard.
Life goes on.
Goodbye dad. I will miss you forever.

4 comments:
Bless your heart. What a difficult thing to go through at this time of year. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
Shawn,
I'm very sorry about your dad! I will be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way! I do understand as my dad passed 4 years ago in Oct. ::::hugs::::
My condolences. It is hard but you have memories and they will become sweeter with time.
{hugs}
Aww, Honey, I'm so sorry.
While it's true that our body is not made to last forever, we are never "ready" for our parents to leave us. My Dad 3 years ago next week. I still miss him and think of him most every day but the memories are mostly sweet & happy now, rather than sad. Time will be your friend. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment