Some exciting things happened this week. Well, okay. Maybe they're only exciting to me....
I picked the first tomato from my tomato plants! Yeah! Of course I ate it too fast to get a picture.
I got some fresh corn at the farmer market. It was to die for. I mean this stuff was so good. Makes me wish now I had planted corn.
We got our first batch of peaches from the tree. I got busy right away. I froze two batches for pies. I ate about 4 while doing that! Later in the evening I ate 2 more. They are just so yummy. Today I made a peach crisp with the ones left and now we'll have to wait a few more days for some more.
Ah.. the bounty of summer. I love it.

1 comment:
YUM!
You are the Little Red Hen enjoying your bounty. Isn't it fun to eat that first tomato that you grew yourself?!!
Post a Comment