
I attended the Memorial Service today. I was nervous but after the encouragement of an old friend I decided to go. I'm very happy I did. I saw so many people that I haven't seen in 20 years. I have talked to a couple of them over the years but to see them was wonderful. I was actually surprised that everyone recognized me when there were a few I didn't. It only took a minute or a first name and I was right back 20 years ago. How some have changed and how others have not. One friends grown son was there and it was like looking at his father all those years ago. If I didn't know better I would have sworn it was him.
It was nice to feel so welcome. Rich was the key to that. He's the one who contacted me and encouraged me to attend. He met me there and mentally held my hand the whole time. So many wonderful memories came to me today and even though it's so sad that one of us gone forever it was a blessing to be brought back together. We've promised to not drift so far apart. I want them to meet Handsome and maybe we can spend a little time together over the years, even if briefly.
Life is short people. Don't put off tomorrow what can be done today.

No comments:
Post a Comment