Monday, January 28, 2013

Wood Splittin' Day

That's what yesterday was around here.

A little over 2 years ago we had the Huge cedar tree in our backyard cut down. It just made too much of a mess in the pool and kept it too shady.

We split about half of it. With the rest needing to be done. One reason or another it never got finished. 

This past fall we got all the big pieces moved to the side yard and set our plan. Get it all done.

Well, yesterday was the day. It feels so good to have it done and not having that chore sitting there, waiting to be completed.


Getting started


The pile


That's me... ya, the glove hand. I was taking photos and working the splitter. I'm a good multi-tasker.


Thankful for big strong sons. They were a lot of help.


Half way done.....


Getting closer to being done. As you can see, I let Handsome sit for a while. Let the boys do the rest of the heavy work.



All cleaned up. So nice to have it all done.


Our nice supply of wood. Plenty for this season and into next.




No comments: