Sunday, February 19, 2012

Realize

The grass is not greener on the other side.
It's not outside things that make you happy. 
It has to come from within.
Some never learn this life lesson.

Years ago someone told me they needed to get away. 
To escape all the problems going on.
Going away would make things better.
What I knew but they did not was that if they went away they were going to be taking it with them because they were the problem.
It's a catch 22 I guess.
You can't see it when you're in it.

I am thankful.
I'm not sure why or how 
and I'm not questioning
but life is good. 
I am not looking over the fences.
I don't wonder about "what could have been".
I am content. 
I am lucky in so many ways I can't even begin to count them and I say a silent thank you every single day.

Have a cherry day!

1 comment:

mi said...

True. But sometimes it's good to change the environment. Just sayin ...