Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a Day!

A couple months ago my neighbor invited me to join in her annual yard sale. I was excited and started to gather a few things.
Once things got set I realized I'd be out of town that weekend.
Bummer.

The beginning of this week I discovered another neighbor was having a yard sale this weekend. Ah ha! I put my plan in motion.
I put up an ad on craigslist and got busy.

I was up early and set up my stuff in the driveway. I'd gone through boxes and closest putting together stuff that had no home and we no longer use.

 I got rid of a lot of stuff that still had life. I broke down and sold some of my children's books. I'd been saving them but realized I  didn't need them anymore and that someone might. It made my day when a little girl got excited to see them. She made her purchase and went away happy.

It's the simple things that make the big memories.

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Sometimes it's hard to part with our "things" but I think it feels so good when closets are clean & purged of the unnecessary. And it feels especially good when someone gets our "stuff" and really enjoys it, like the little girl who bought the book. What is the saying, "Joy shared is multiplied".