We have moved in. We spent our first night July 31st.
I spent the week after that cleaning the old place and still moving things from the garage.
Did I mention I hate moving? It's such a daunting task but we managed and here we are.
The first week we found out some of the little annoyances quirks of this old house. The hot water heater rumbles like a freight train as it heats up, the A/C intake is in the living room so when that kicks on, forget about watching TV and every time you run any water the pump thumps so loud it rattles the whole floor. Okay, things we'll get used to. No worries.
Friday upon returning from the former house I find water running in the backyard.. I turn off the pump and wait for Handsome to arrive home. We have no water for the rest of the day. Oh no. My kids were not thrilled to find they could not use the restroom. Hey, I grew up on a well. I knew what to do. Thank goodness for the pool. We had plenty of water. I schooled my children in how to fill with a bucket.
Bathroom facilities restored.
Once Handsome was home he surveyed the situation to find that the pipe that brings water to the house from the well had burst, under the concrete. He devised a plan to cap that off and run new pipe that we would access to in the future, if needed.
He began the demo work.
We found this in the wall of the laundry room. It had been there a long time.
It was petrified.
GROSS!
With the help of a friend. (Thank You Travis!) several $$$ and several hours later it was finished. Working better than before. No more thump.
Handsome is my hero.
Next time I'll tell ya about the pool.......




No comments:
Post a Comment