Some people think it's a strange thing that I often order my dessert first.
I don't think it's strange at all.
Who made up these rules that we are suppose to follow?
Years ago a friend and I were out to dinner at Marie Calendars. We were having dinner and then off to a movie. Pie is one of the main reasons to go to Marie Calendars so since we were running late we ordered our pie first. A whole pie. They were on sale and cheaper than 2 slices. We knew if we waited until after our meal we would run out of time.
It. Was. Delicious.
Several months back while out with my Bunco friends at lunch. I ordered dessert first.
Afterwards, when I went to the counter to pay the gal asked if I was the one who ordered my dessert first. Yes. I. Did.
A couple of nights ago, Handsome and I went to Cool Hand Lukes. I ordered their dessert sampler, first of course. It is a wonderful thing and I would never miss the chance to enjoy it.
When the waiter brought it, the noisy table across from us went silent.
I. Enjoyed. Every. Bite.
There are no rules, not when it comes to this.
Life is short, eat dessert first.
Yes it's a magnet but it's also so true.
Life is short.
Enjoy it

2 comments:
sounds like a plan!
I'm with you ... make my pie lemon meringue!
Post a Comment