At the end of last year and the beginning of this year I underwent 2 root canals. Both teeth were side by side, upper left.
No more pain. I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about it.
Everything was good.
Then, several weeks ago I noticed a little soreness in that location. The first couple of days I ignored it but as it increased in discomfort I realized I would have to deal with it.
I called the dentist. He scheduled me to come in.
The whole time we were on the cruise. I had pain whenever I ate extremely hot or cold. It was not fun to say the least. I thought for sure I must have a failed root canal.
Just. My. Luck.
Got home from the cruise. Went to the dental appt. He x-rays, he pokes, he does the COLD test.
Nothing. I feeling nothing, just a little discomfort but nothing compared to what I had felt just days before.
Okay, now this is where it get strange, at least to me.
He tells me on the x-ray he can see a lot of sinus activity. Was I having any problems? No, not that I was aware of. He explained that clogged sinus can down push on the upper gums and cause discomfort that appears to be a tooth related when it's really not. I had my doubts.
He recommended over the counter sinus relief. Give it a week then call him to let him know how I was doing, good or bad. I did what he suggested. I still had my doubts.
Within a few days all my symptoms were gone. No sensitivity, no soreness, no pain ,nothing. I was cured!
I had never in my life heard of such a thing.
I'm happy to say I was thrilled to learn something new.

No comments:
Post a Comment