While at lunch yesterday with friends I noticed I had lost one of the diamonds on my wedding band.
Poop!
This upset me. It's just a ring and just a diamond but it sucks that one fell out.
When I told Handsome, he told me that after 20 years maybe I was ready for a new ring. I love that he wants to get me a new ring but I'm not sure that's what I want.
I love my ring.
I loved it the minute I saw it.
It's not over the top fancy or extremely expensive but,
it's my ring.
This all could have been avoided.
When I purchased my ring it came with a lifetime warranty. As long as I go in every 6 months to have it cleaned and checked, they'll replace any diamonds. I was really good the first 4 years. Then I had the boys. I gained just enough weight (that never left) in my fingers that I can no longer get my ring off. So, I stopped getting it checked.
Poop!
So, fix or replace are my options.
Since I'm not a fan of change,
I'll just wait until it sinks in a bit more before I make any decisions.

2 comments:
RATS!
I feel badly for you, cause I know how that feels.
I had that happen to me quite a few years back. Like your husband, my husband said he would buy me a new one. I am sentimental and didn't want a new one so I kept my ring and just had the diamond replaced. I'm happy with my decision. Remember - it's only a "symbol" of what is really important. ((HUGS))
I am so sorry. This is a fear of mine and since I have only one diamond-- it would be pretty obvious!
Post a Comment