Saturday, December 19, 2009

Whoo-Hoo & Merry Christmas

Friday was a very good day for us. (knock on wood). Friday Handsome arrived home early from work. He brought with him a surprise. A Christmas bonus check. It was a wonderful unexpected surprise. As a rule we've never had a job were we had gotten a Christmas bonus so this one was a very nice surprise.
Since we weren't expecting such a thing we didn't have immediate plans for the money but that didn't last long. We've been talking for some time now about taking a cruise. A good friend of ours took one a while back and told us we should do it. The prices are crazy cheap. We just never had the extra funds. Well...... that's what we've decided to do. I have started looking and while we haven't booked it yet. I hope to do that soon. I'm still searching and deciding the best time for us to go. I'll keep ya posted.
Friday was also Handsome's work Christmas party. Once again. Not something we're accustomed to. Last year we didn't attend so this year we wanted to go. I'm so glad we did. It was a drive for us but free food and drink. It's all good. I had no idea there would be prizes! Close to the end of the party they started the gift giving. All employee names were placed in a bowl to be drawn. There were about 10 Prizes in all. They were giving away some good stuff, gift cards ranging in price and several 1 day paid vacation. It was almost over when Handsome's name was called. We won one of the top prizes. $100.00 American Express gift card. WHOO HOOO!!
It was a very good day in deed.
We are thankful.

No comments: