That's me. It's not something I'm proud of but at the same time I don't deny it. It's hard to admit but I try to be honest with myself. Well, on most subjects.
I was raised to be racist. Not in a large over the top way but still, racist. I have, as an adult done my best to overcome this but once in a while I see it rear it's ugly head and I have to stop and correct myself. I would love to say I'm not racist but that would get me nowhere. In order to stop the cycle of hate I must acknowledge and do better for my children. That's how it goes, I hope. I hope with each generation we learn and correct our mistakes. I'm trying to do my part.
Today I got an email, it was a joke about Obama. I did not laugh. I would rather have not received it and thought about replying to that effect but the person who sent it is long set in their ways so I just deleted it. Why do some people think it's funny? I don't get it. Plain and simple.
Everyday I do my best to be a good human. Everyday I do my best to raise good humans.
Everyday.
1 year ago

1 comment:
I love political humor, but not "racist" humor, and there is a difference, isn't there. I do like you and just "delete" if I feel it's inappropriate.
Post a Comment