Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions


Yesterday I realized we didn't have any. It made me a little sad. The boys always get to open one present and then it was off to bed so Santa could do his thing but as far as dinner and the evening events we've never done the exact same thing every year. Now I wish I'd started something when they were younger but I was not that organized. A friend mentioned he was going to his parents for their annual Christmas Eve dinner, Chili dogs and Potato Salad.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? If not, maybe it's not too late to start one?

Merry Christmas Eve

3 comments:

Linda said...

I always get the kids a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve. That's about it.

Your tradition can be doing something different every year .. I think that's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Opening a gift on Christmas Eve is a tradition...we used to do that when I was a little girl, waaay back when. LOL

We have lots of traditions. At our extended family gathering we always have BBQ. I've heard others say they have lasagna or Chinese food, usually it's totally unholiday related...Also, a tradition my daughter enjoys is sleeping by the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. She's 14 and still does it. She drags out her sleeping bag and we leave the tree lights on all night on that one night.

Anonymous said...

It was me, lagirl, who posted. I forgot to hit the right button. Ugh!