Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fair

It's fair time around here. Our little town is lucky enough to be host to the County Fair. It started today and runs till Sunday. We have attended every year since moving here and this year will be no different. I've already purchased our Destruction Derby tickets. You have to get them early because they sell out, it's a big deal around here! I've also purchased the advance ride all day wristbands for the boys (you save $5.00 on each if you get them in advance) so we are all set. The boys will attend on Friday and Saturday, we'll go as a family on Sunday. School starts the next day on Monday. I learned after moving here that it's set up that way on purpose. It always starts after the fair. Whatever week that happens to be.

Speaking of school, the boys have freshman orientation tomorrow. They will also be getting their pictures done at the same time. I think I'm more anxious to get their schedule than they are. They don't seem very excited but I think that is in part to their age. Plus they're boys, maybe boys don't get as excited about school? I do know there has been some grumbling that it's too soon but hey, I don't make the rules. I just enforce. I have to be honest. I'm looking forward to school. Not because I want them out of the house, but because I like the routine of it. Summer is grand while it last and by the end of the school year I am ready for some slacking off but after a few months I'm ready to get back into our routine. While I'm not looking forward to assignments, homework and reports, I do look forward to the structure of it all. Does that make any sense? Maybe not... but I just know, it's time to get back to school.

Smiles

No comments: