Saturday, August 2, 2008

14

My babies turned 14 today. It's hard for me to believe they are so grown up. We didn't do a big party this year. Instead we celebrated with cake, I made them the cake of their choice with homemade fudge frosting. They opened their gifts, which were actually cards they had received through the week. Later in the day went out to dinner. It was a nice day spent with just us. The next 4 years are going to fly by so I'm enjoying every day as it comes.
Other new things around here. I got a new addition to my kitchen. I have had it on my list for about 2 years. I'm so bad about spending money on myself. Well, while shopping at Sam's Club last week they had a Rachael Ray Dutch Oven on clearance. I was not going to get it but handsome insisted. Once we were home and I looked them up on the web I found I got a smoking good deal. I'm looking forward to using it this winter. It will come in handy for a lot of my winter recipes.

I took a hint for a blogger friend and checked out "A Return to Sunday Dinner" at my local library. This book is wonderful. It makes you hungry just reading it. I have already copied down several recipes and once fall hits I'll be in the kitchen trying them out.

Smiles ♥

No comments: